Requests for Proposals
Bid #2016-23 Water Well Number 1 Pump Replacement & Control System Project
The City of Suwanee is soliciting competitive sealed bids from qualified contractors for WATER WELL NUMBER 1 PUMP REPLACEMENT & CONTROL SYSTEM PROJECT. Sealed bids will be received by the City of Suwanee, Public Works Department, 330 Town Center Avenue, Suwanee, Georgia 30024, until 10:00 A.M. local time on Monday, MAY 23, 2016, and then publicly opened and read aloud at the "Public Bid Opening" at 10:10 A.M. at City Hall Building Conference Room, 330 Town Center Avenue, Suwanee, Georgia 30024. Any bid received after 10:00 A.M. will not be accepted. Bid envelope must be marked on the outside with Bid Number, Name of Bidder, date and time of opening and Contractor's License Number. Failure to display information may result in the bid being returned.
The major extent of the project consists of replacing existing well number 1 pump and upgrading of control panel with associated supporting power and control systems.
The City of Suwanee is requesting a bid for the attached various work elements required under the proposed Contract including pump, force main, control panel, dress-up, etc. work.
Bids in the case of Corporations not chartered in Georgia must be accompanied by proper certification stating that said Corporation is authorized to do business in the State of Georgia.
Award will be made to the vendor submitting the lowest responsive and responsible bid. The City of Suwanee reserves the right to reject any or all bids as deemed in its best interest.
Interested parties should contact Nicole Schnepper at NSchnepper@suwanee.com or at 770-945-8996 to request a bid package, or additional information is available at the City of Suwanee Public Works Department, 330 Town Center Avenue, Suwanee, GA 30024.
City Facilities Space Needs Analysis & Programming
The City of Suwanee is requesting proposals for professional services required to develop a comprehensive City Facilities Space Needs Analysis & Programming for the following three buildings/sites:
- Municipal Court, located at 323 Buford Highway, was constructed in the 1960's as the original City Hall. It now functions solely as Municipal Court. The Court has outgrown this approximately 3,500 square foot* building and is looking for options to either renovate and possibly expand the current building or relocate to a different facility.
- Fire Station #13, located at 343 Buford Highway, is an approximately 10,000 square foot* building built in the 1990's. The City leases the front half to Gwinnett County Fire Department, and they plan to vacate the building at the end of their lease in 2019 to move to a newly constructed station. The City uses the back half of the building for storage associated with police fleet maintenance, parks maintenance, and events.
- The Gwinnett County Schools training facility is located on Buford Highway near the intersection with McGinnis Ferry Road (parcel 7-210-030). The facility is owned by the Gwinnett County Board of Education and the City is evaluating it for a potential acquisition. The main building is an approximately 30,000 square foot* former school built in the 1930's and includes a theater, cafeteria, administrative offices, and classrooms. A separate gymnasium building is also located on site, along with an outdoor bus driver training facility. The City may acquire part or all of the site.
*Analysis to confirm square footage of each building.
The City Council will be considering the 2017-2021 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) in late spring. Recommendations from this analysis will help guide funding allocations in the CIP. It is expected that the effort will include working with an internal committee of city staff and will take two to three months. The City has budgeted $48,000 for the analysis; this budget does not include any funding for final design of the agreed upon solutions.
The general scope of work shall include a review of the existing conditions, programming and space utilization, an urban design analysis to evaluate each site in the context of the Downtown Master Plan, and a final report and presentation to the City Council.
Proposals are due by 2:00 on Monday, March 7.
To receive a copy of the Request for Proposals, please contact:
Development of Pierce's Corner
The Suwanee Downtown Development Authority (DDA) seeks creative proposals for the lease or purchase of Pierce's Corner, a DDA-owned historic property at 597 Main Street in Old Town. The property consists of an approximately 0.37-acre corner parcel that contains a two-story brick building constructed in 1910. For more information, click on links to the RFP as well as appendices below.
- Pierce's Corner RFP
- Pierce's Corner Development Guidelines – Appendix A
- Epstein & Associates Documents – Appendix B
- Old Town Overlay District – Appendix C
- Analysis of Potential Uses of Pierce Corner – Appendix D
- Downtown Suwanee Master Plan Update – Appendix E
- Environmental Site Assessment – Appendix F
- Structural Engineer's Report – Appendix G
- Old Town Design Guidelines – Appendix H
- Zoning Conditions – Appendix I