A General Municipal Election is scheduled at Suwanee City Hall on Tuesday, November 7, 2017 to fill the following:
- Post 3 – Linnea Miller
- Post 4 – Beth Hilscher
- Post 5 – Dan Foster
Municipal qualifying begins Monday, August 21, 2017. The qualifying fee is $270.00.
Voting Information and Requirements
In order to vote in national, state, and local elections, you must register to vote with the State of Georgia. You should register or re-register by October 17, 2017, if you:
- have moved to Georgia from another state
- are moving from one address in Georgia to another
- are changing your name
To register to vote, you must be:
- a citizen of the United States
- a legal resident of Georgia
- at least 17.5 years (at least 18 to vote)
- not serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
- not found mentally incompetent by a judge
Voter registration is available at City Hall, public library branches, and the Gwinnett County Elections Office at 455 Grayson Highway, Suite 200, in Lawrenceville. The voter registration form also is available at the Georgia Secretary of State's website. You may verify your voter registration at the My Voter Page.
For additional information regarding voting in the 2017 Municipal Elections, please contact Elvira Rogers at 770-904-3376.