Equipment Operator I
This position operates assigned variety of equipment and performs manual labor in support of the operation, construction, repair and maintenance of city buildings, facilities, parks, grounds, streets, fleet, equipment, utilities, stormwater facilities, and water systems.
H.S. diploma or GED equivalent, valid GA Driver's License and two years of experience in maintenance & construction required. CDL, water operator license, further technical or vocational training in HVAC, plumbing, masonry or electrical wiring are desired. Possess or acquire CDL and water operator license within one year.
$15.33 hourly – with full benefits
Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
This part-time position provides a variety of complex administrative functions in support to the Administrative Services Department and Planning Department. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to: organizing and maintaining confidential files and processing related paperwork; composing correspondence; taking payments, and operating a multi-line switchboard. Strong customer service and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite); technology inclined; ability to work in a fast paced environment and ability to multitask; must be adaptable to change.
High School or GED equivalent and 2 years clerical experience.
$16.92 (24 hours per week)
Deputy Court Clerk (Part-Time)
This part-time position provides support for the City's municipal court. Work involves entering citations into a database, coordinating court docket, assisting Judge with proceedings, processing court cases & maintaining records in accordance with laws. Previous court administration or government experience preferred. Strong customer service & computer skills required. Bilingual a plus.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; two (2) years customer service experience; Experience with Windows based software. GCIC certification preferred; valid State of Georgia Driver's License; equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hiring Rate: $16.92 (24 hours per week).
This position is responsible for receiving messages via radio, telephone, and computer-aided dispatch (CAD) software; prioritizing messages; and dispatching personnel to emergency and non-emergency situations.
The City of Suwanee provides police service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Shift work - including nights, weekends and holidays-is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of related experience preferred
- P.O.S.T. Communication Officer, Emergency Medical Dispatch, GCIC Full Terminal certifications, or ability to become certified within one year
- Valid State of Georgia driver's license
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
The SUWANEE POLICE DEPARTMENT is seeking individuals committed to serving and protecting the City of Suwanee and its residents as police officers. As first responders, police officers are vital to public safety and, under regular supervision, perform basic police services in accordance with the mission, goals, and objectives of the City of Suwanee Police Department and in compliance with governing federal, state, and local laws.
The City of Suwanee provides police service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Shift work, including nights, weekends and holidays, is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate degree preferred.
- Valid Georgia driver's license.
- U.S. citizen.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Meet P.O.S.T. requirements for Peace Officer certification and/or academy admittance pursuant to Georgia law; successful completion of Police Academy.
- Successful completion of the pre-employment process, which includes oral interview, background check, criminal records and traffic history check, medical and drug screening, psychological evaluation, and polygraph evaluation.
Starting at $18.68 hourly, negotiable with education and experience consider
- All uniforms and equipment furnished by the City
- Eligible for Defined Benefit Plan on first day
- Eligible for benefits after 30 day waiting period to include: medical/dental/vision, vacation/sick leave
- Eligible to participate in POAB
- After successful completion of FTO (Field Training Officer Program) receive a take home car (must live within 20 miles of City limits)
- After successful completion of 12 month probation period eligible for tuition reimbursement
Special Event Staff (Seasonal)
The CITY OF SUWANEE is accepting applications for part-time SPECIAL EVENT STAFF. Event staff will work special events, which will include nights and weekends. Duties will involve the set up and take down for events sponsored by the City of Suwanee. Work will also include the clean up of facilities, removing trash from parks and pavilions, and stocking restrooms. This is a great summer job for a college student or someone seeking weekend work.
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid Georgia Driver's License. Applicant must provide a motor vehicle record (MVR) for the past 3 years (if applicable) at the time of application. Selected applicants will be called for an interview.
All candidates for public safety positions will be contacted. For other positions, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application must accompany resume: City of Suwanee Human Resources, 330 Town Center Avenue, Suwanee, GA 30024.
Position Opened Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace