The Suwanee Police Department seeks individuals committed to serving and protecting the City of Suwanee and its residents. As first responders, police officers are vital to public safety. Under regular supervision, officers perform basic police services in accordance with the mission, goals, and objectives of the Suwanee Police Department and in compliance with governing federal, state, and local laws.
The City of Suwanee provides police service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Shift work – including nights, weekends, and holidays – is required.
- high school diploma or equivalent; associate degree preferred
- valid Georgia driver's license
- U.S. citizen
- at least 21 years of age
- meet P.O.S.T. requirements for Peace Officer certification and/or academy admittance pursuant to Georgia law; successful completion of Police Academy.
- successful completion of the pre-employment process, which includes oral interview, background check, criminal records and traffic history check, medical and drug screening, psychological evaluation, polygraph evaluation and/or voice stress.
Applications will be screened for employment eligibility by the City of Suwanee's human resources department. Applicants will be informed as to whether they are eligible to participate in the testing process. Eligible applicants will receive a scheduling notice regarding location, time, and exam administration details.
Application must accompany resume. Position is open until filled.
Building Inspector/Code Enforcement (Full-Time)
The CITY OF SUWANEE is accepting applications for a BUILDING INSPECTOR/CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER. Work will focus on residential building inspections, sign enforcement, soil erosion inspections and enforcement and code enforcement. Position reports to the Building Official.
- Conducts field inspections of residential construction sites and structures; inspects structural, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, signage and soil erosion; ensures compliance with city, county, state and federal codes, ordinances and regulations; maintains inspection log.
- Investigates complaints of violation of City code, appropriate zoning ordinances, sign ordinance and related laws, ordinances, or codes; issues courtesy notices, notices of violation, citations, correction notices, and stops work orders to ensure compliance; conducts follow-up investigations to ensure compliance with applicable codes and ordinances; prepares case documentation and testifies in court proceedings;
- Performs inspections of detention ponds and storm sewers to ensure compliance with state regulations
Work is typically performed with the employee walking, sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The employee must occasionally lift light to moderately heavy objects, climb ladders, use tools or equipment that require a high degree of dexterity, travel from site to site and distinguish between shades of color.
The work is typically performed outside at construction sites and may include regular exposure to hot, cold or inclement weather, rough terrain, noise, dust, dirt and machinery with moving parts. At times the employee may be required to wear protective equipment.
High School diploma or equivalent; Associate's degree preferred; 5 years experience in building inspection, construction supervision, or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be residential building code certified or become certified within 9 months. Must possess a valid State of Georgia Driver's License.
$19.69/hourly with full benefits
City vehicle for daily work use.
Application must accompany resume. Position is open until filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application must accompany resume: City of Suwanee Human Resources, 330 Town Center Avenue, Suwanee, GA 30024.
Equal Opportunity Employer