This position is responsible for receiving messages via radio, telephone, and computer-aided dispatch (CAD) software; prioritizing messages; and dispatching personnel to emergency and non-emergency situations.
The City of Suwanee provides police service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Shift work - including nights, weekends and holidays-is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of related experience preferred
- P.O.S.T. Communication Officer, Emergency Medical Dispatch, GCIC Full Terminal certifications, or ability to become certified within one year
- Valid State of Georgia driver's license
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
The CITY OF SUWANEE is accepting applications for a BUILDING OFFICIAL. This position is responsible for directing the day-to-day activities of the Inspections Division.
- Reviews, inspects and recommends corrective action for residential and commercial construction projects to ensure compliance with adopted structural, mechanical, plumbing, energy and electrical codes.
- Reviews and approves plans and construction documents to ensure compliance with adopted structural, mechanical, pluming, energy and electrical codes.
- Inspects and recommends corrective actions for compliance with adopted property maintenance, housing, zoning, health, and sanitation regulations, and soil erosion and sedimentation control ordinances
- Interprets codes and ordinances for contractors and property owners; answers questions related to building construction, codes and regulations.
- Communicates with design professionals, contractors, building owners and residents concerning building code and property maintenance code requirements.
Bachelor degree or higher; 5 years of experience in residential and commercial inspections, knowledge of building code, residential code, plumbing, mechanical, gas and national electric codes, supervising experience, or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have ICC Certifications in Residential and Commercial, Must possess a valid State of Georgia Driver's License.
Hiring range $49,909.08 to $66.616.92 with experience, education and certifications
Defined Benefit plan eligible first day
Full Benefits after 30 days to include: medical/dental/vision and vacation/sick leave
Take home car within 20 miles of City limits
All candidates for public safety positions will be contacted. For other positions, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application must accompany resume: City of Suwanee Human Resources, 330 Town Center Avenue, Suwanee, GA 30024.
Position Opened Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace