Downtown & Business Development Manager
The City of Suwanee is seeking a Downtown & Business Development Manager with strong business acumen to promote sustainable downtown development. This manager works with the Economic Development Director to engage developers and investors in order to bring new business and encourage existing business expansion in the City. Position open until filled.Job Responsibilities
- Proactively drive the business development process, including identifying new business opportunities, contacting key decision-makers, assessing needs of potential businesses, and managing the follow-up process as appropriate.
- Develop a good understanding of potential target business segments and barriers to entry.
- Develop and maintain inventory of available property and built space available for lease/purchase.
- Develop relationships with current businesses, property owners, and developers.
- Develop and manage a contact strategy for potential and existing businesses; ensure client and prospect database are kept up-to-date for quality communications.
- Prepare and conduct new business presentations and pitches as required.
- Create marketing collateral; promote downtown activities and successes via use of internal and external resources, social media, and other sources.
- Identify resource needs; fundraise and prepare grant applications.
- Manage Downtown Development Authority, including all administrative functions, strategic planning, meeting management, business recruitment, and report preparation.
- Assist with development and implementation of strategies to attract businesses to the downtown district; participate in development project negotiations.
- Must be willing to travel and able to manage a rigorous work schedule.
- Ability to think strategically as well as tactically as it relates to planning, economic development, and other related areas.
- Ability to clearly articulate City of Suwanee vision and initiatives.
- Ability to coordinate and secure buy-in from internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfortable talking to a wide range of decision influencers.
- Ability to keenly track economic and industry activity and understand its implications on businesses including potential new business opportunities.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in marketing, planning, economic development, field sales, real estate, business development, or other similar activity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident, tenacious, energetic, and well-presented.
- Ability to think across disciplines and creatively about the challenges of the role.
- Highly organized, eye for detail, able to prioritize and work within an agreed process.
- Collaborative working style, a good listener, empathetic.
- If you perform well in an entrepreneurial culture, meaning you find getting on-boarded is rather intuitive, handle internal change with little hand-holding, and you are a person who does not need internal coaches to up-skill you on lead generation and sales process and systems, and can figure these things out on your own, then this is the job for you.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application must accompany resume: City of Suwanee Human Resources, 330 Town Center Avenue, Suwanee, GA 30024.
Equal Opportunity Employer