The SUWANEE POLICE DEPARTMENT is seeking individuals committed to serving and protecting the City of Suwanee and its residents as police officers. As first responders, police officers are vital to public safety and, under regular supervision, perform basic police services in accordance with the mission, goals, and objectives of the City of Suwanee Police Department and in compliance with governing federal, state, and local laws.
The City of Suwanee provides police service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Shift work, including nights, weekends and holidays, is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate degree preferred.
- Valid Georgia driver's license.
- U.S. citizen.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Meet P.O.S.T. requirements for Peace Officer certification and/or academy admittance pursuant to Georgia law; successful completion of Police Academy.
- Successful completion of the pre-employment process, which includes oral interview, background check, criminal records and traffic history check, medical and drug screening, psychological evaluation, and polygraph evaluation.
Starting at $18.68 hourly, negotiable with education and experience consider
- All uniforms and equipment furnished by the City
- Eligible for Defined Benefit Plan on first day
- Eligible for benefits after 30 day waiting period to include: medical/dental/vision, vacation/sick leave
- Eligible to participate in POAB
- After successful completion of FTO (Field Training Officer Program) receive a take home car (must live within 20 miles of City limits)
- After successful completion of 12 month probation period eligible for tuition reimbursement
Special Event Staff (Seasonal)
The CITY OF SUWANEE is accepting applications for part-time SPECIAL EVENT STAFF. Event staff will work special events, which will include nights and weekends. Duties will involve the set up and take down for events sponsored by the City of Suwanee. Work will also include the clean up of facilities, removing trash from parks and pavilions, and stocking restrooms. This is a great summer job for a college student or someone seeking weekend work.
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid Georgia Driver's License. Applicant must provide a motor vehicle record (MVR) for the past 3 years (if applicable) at the time of application. Selected applicants will be called for an interview.
All candidates for public safety positions will be contacted. For other positions, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application must accompany resume: City of Suwanee Human Resources, 330 Town Center Avenue, Suwanee, GA 30024.
Position Opened Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace