Special Event Staff (Seasonal)
The CITY OF SUWANEE is accepting applications for part-time SPECIAL EVENT STAFF. Event staff will work special events, which will include nights and weekends. Duties will involve the set up and take down for events sponsored by the City of Suwanee. Work will also include the clean up of facilities, removing trash from parks and pavilions, and stocking restrooms.
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid Georgia Driver's License. Applicant must provide a motor vehicle record (MVR) for the past 3 years (if applicable) at the time of application. Selected applicants will be called for an interview.
This full-time position provides a variety of complex administrative functions in support to the Municipal Court, Planning Department and Administrative Services Department. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to: organizing and maintaining confidential files and processing related paperwork; composing correspondence; taking payments, and operating a multi-line switchboard. Strong customer service and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite); technology inclined; ability to work in a fast paced environment and ability to multitask; must be adaptable to change.
High School or GED equivalent and 2 years clerical experience.
$16.16 with full benefits
This position is responsible for maintaining order and providing assistance for court operations. The Bailiff will maintain a security presence in the courtroom; prepare the courtroom for scheduled hearings; and enforce courtroom rules of behavior. The Bailiff will call the court to order, provide assistance to the Judge; and act as a liaison with the Clerk of Court for the coordination of the municipal court security. The Bailiff will work alongside the Police Officer assigned to the court.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Skilled in the enforcement of security procedures
- Valid State of Georgia driver's license
One or more years of progressively responsible related experience; or, any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. No P.O.S.T certification required.
$75 per session; approximately eight sessions a month; this is a pool position.
The CITY OF SUWANEE is accepting applications for a BUILDING OFFICIAL. This position is responsible for directing the day-to-day activities of the Inspections Division.
- Reviews, inspects and recommends corrective action for residential and commercial construction projects to ensure compliance with adopted structural, mechanical, plumbing, energy and electrical codes.
- Reviews and approves plans and construction documents to ensure compliance with adopted structural, mechanical, pluming, energy and electrical codes.
- Inspects and recommends corrective actions for compliance with adopted property maintenance, housing, zoning, health, and sanitation regulations, and soil erosion and sedimentation control ordinances
- Interprets codes and ordinances for contractors and property owners; answers questions related to building construction, codes and regulations.
- Communicates with design professionals, contractors, building owners and residents concerning building code and property maintenance code requirements.
Bachelor degree or higher; 5 years of experience in residential and commercial inspections, knowledge of building code, residential code, plumbing, mechanical, gas and national electric codes, supervising experience, or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have ICC Certifications in Residential and Commercial, Must possess a valid State of Georgia Driver's License.
Hiring range $49,909.08 to $66.616.92 with experience, education and certifications
Defined Benefit plan eligible first day
Full Benefits after 30 days to include: medical/dental/vision and vacation/sick leave
Take home care within 20 miles of City limits
The Suwanee Police Department is seeking individuals committed to serving and protecting the City of Suwanee and its residents as police officers. As first responders, police officers are vital to public safety and, under regular supervision, perform basic police services in accordance with the mission, goals, and objectives of the City of Suwanee Police Department and in compliance with governing federal, state, and local laws.
The City of Suwanee provides police service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Shift work, including nights, weekends and holidays, is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate degree preferred.
- Valid Georgia driver's license.
- U.S. citizen.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Meet P.O.S.T. requirements for Peace Officer certification and/or academy admittance pursuant to Georgia law; successful completion of Police Academy.
- Successful completion of the pre-employment process, which includes oral interview, background check, criminal records and traffic history check, medical and drug screening, psychological evaluation, and polygraph evaluation.
Starting at 39,890.24 annually
- All uniforms and equipment furnished by the City
- Eligible for Defined Benefit Plan on first day
- Eligible for benefits after 30 day waiting period to include: medical/dental/vision, vacation/sick leave
- Eligible to participate in POAB
- After successful completion of FTO (Field Training Officer Program) receive a take home car (must live within 20 miles of City limits)
- After successful completion of 12 month probation period eligible for tuition reimbursement
All candidates for public safety positions will be contacted. For other positions, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application must accompany resume: City of Suwanee Human Resources, 330 Town Center Avenue, Suwanee, GA 30024.
Position Opened Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace