The Municipal Court of Suwanee hears and adjudicates traffic offenses and violations of city ordinances that occur within the city limits of Suwanee Gwinnett County Animal Control violations and Georgia State Patrol traffic offenses that occur within the city limits of Suwanee also are heard in this court.
- Call Suwanee Municipal Court at 770-945-6962 for further information.
Coming to court
Suwanee Municipal Court is located at 323 Buford Highway. Court is NOT at Suwanee City Hall, but rather across Buford Highway from Town Center Park. Click here for directions.
Click Here to view your scheduled court appearance or to review the court's docket.
Upon arrival, please check in with a deputy clerk at the window. You are encouraged to arrive 30 minutes early so that you may speak with someone about your case.
To ensure the safety of the public and court officials, all individuals and articles entering court chambers are subject to search.
In the event of inclement weather, please note that Suwanee Municipal Court follows the same closure schedule as Gwinnett County Public Schools.
Parking at the court building is limited. If space is not available in the court parking lot, parking is also available in the following locations:
- Suwanee police station, 373 Buford Highway
- Town Center commercial area, which is across Buford Highway from the court. Please park in the public parking lots behind the commercial buildings.
- Suwanee library, 361 Main Street. Use the pedestrian tunnel directly across from the library to walk to the court building.
Payment of fines (in lieu of a court appearance)
In order to avoid late fees, fines must be paid no later than your scheduled court date and time.
Citations may be paid:
- Online: SuwaneeGa.GovernmentWindow.com/ticket
- Call: 1-855-224-6116
- In person: City of Suwanee Municipal Court - 323 Buford Hwy. 30024.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
Mail: (please include the citation with the payment):
Suwanee Municipal Court
323 Buford Hwy
Suwanee, GA 30024
Acceptable forms of payment include personal check (within the metro area only), money order, cashier's check, cash, or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express).
There is a four percent convenience fee for all payments made by phone and for all credit card payments processed at the cashier window.
Please call 1-855-224-6116 for citation information and to make a payment.
Some offenses require a mandatory court appearance and cannot be paid in advance or through the mail.
Important: if you fail to appear for court or if your payment does not reach the Municipal Court office by the court date, a warrant may be issued for your arrest and/or your driver's license may be suspended.
Amounts vary depending upon the offense. See a list of fine amounts for most offenses or call a court clerk at 770-945-6962, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm. Please allow at least three business days after receiving your ticket before calling to verify your fine amount.
You are eligible for one 30-day continuance if you have no prior extensions on the case and you have no previous appearances in court for this case.
Contact the Suwanee Municipal Court no later than three business days prior to your original assigned court date.
- Call: 770-945-6962
- In person: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm
- Fax: the court appearance continuance form to 678-714-0992
- Scan and Email: the completed form to Deputy Court Clerk Susan Sawyer.
If you have any questions regarding your driving history or how a citation might affect your history, you may visit the Department of Driver Services website or contact them through the automated phone number 678-413-8400.
- Certified copy of disposition: $5
Gwinnett County Recorder's Court
If your citation was not issued within the Suwanee City limits, please contact the Gwinnett County Recorder's Court at 770-822-8815 to get information regarding your case.
Chief Judge Norman Cuadra
Suwanee Municipal Court Staff
- Chief Judge Norman Cuadra
- Associate Judge Kimberly A Gallant
- Associate Judge David S. Lee
- Associate Judge Richard Ryczek, Jr.
Chief Prosecutor Elizabeth Reisner
- Chief Prosecutor, Elizabeth Reisner
- Erica Dove
- Jennifer White