Skip to Main Content

Alcohol Beverage License

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Businesses that sell and serve beer, wine, and/or distilled spirits are required to obtain a City of Suwanee alcohol license. The City of Suwanee offers a variety of licenses for businesses that have on-premise consumption of alcohol, including:

  • Eating establishment with full service kitchen
  • Brewpub
  • Brewery or distillery with taproom
  • Performance facility
  • Downtown pub/wine bar (Town Center district only)
  • Mobile food vendor-served eating establishment (Town Center district only)
  • Hotel/motel in-room service
  • Private club
  • Sports club
  • Indoor commercial recreation establishment
  • Beer and wine amenity permit
  • Art shop

The majority of licenses must be reviewed by the City Council during a public hearing. Upon approval by the City Council, the city license will be issued and then the process may begin for receiving a license from the state of Georgia. Please account for these multiple approval steps in your overall schedule. 

The requirements, process, and fees are outlined in the Alcohol License Guide & Application. Download the Noncriminal Privacy Rights Form here. 

  • For more information, contact the Business Services department at 770-945-2145.