TO APPLY IN PERSON:
- Download and complete the appropriate application.
- All applications must accompany resume.
- Completed applications and resumes should be emailed, dropped off, mailed, or faxed to:
City of Suwanee
330 Town Center Avenue
Suwanee, GA 30024
TO APPLY ONLINE:
- Click on desired position.
- Apply to desired position.
- Create an account if you do not have a current login.
- All candidates for public safety positions will be contacted.
- For other positions, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Position Opened Until Filled
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Drug Free Workplace
The Suwanee Police Department is seeking individuals committed to serving and protecting the City of Suwanee and its residents as police officers. As first responders, police officers are vital to public safety and, under regular supervision, perform basic police services in accordance with the mission, goals, and objectives of the City of Suwanee Police Department and in compliance with governing federal, state, and local laws.
The City of Suwanee provides police service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Shift work, including nights, weekends and holidays, is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate degree preferred.
- Valid Georgia driver's license.
- U.S. citizen.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Meet P.O.S.T. requirements for Peace Officer certification and/or academy admittance pursuant to Georgia law; successful completion of Police Academy.
Successful completion of the pre-employment process, which includes oral interview, background check, criminal records and traffic history check, medical and drug screening, psychological evaluation, and polygraph evaluation
Starting at $19.92 hourly ($41,425.70 annualized), negotiable with education and experience considered.
- All uniforms and equipment furnished by the City.
- Eligible for Defined Benefit Plan on first day.
- Eligible for benefits after 30 day waiting period to include: medical/dental/vision, vacation/sick leave.
- Eligible to participate in POAB.
- After successful completion of FTO (Field Training Officer Program) receive a take home car (must live within 30 miles of City limits).
- After successful completion of 12-month probation period eligible for tuition reimbursement.
Submit Application along with Resume
The City is accepting applications for a FULL-TIME Communications Officer .
This position is responsible for receiving messages via radio, telephone, and computer-aided dispatch (CAD) software; prioritizing messages; and dispatching personnel to emergency and non-emergency situations. The City of Suwanee provides police service 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Shift work - including nights, weekends and holidays-is required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of related experience preferred.
- P.O.S.T. Communication Officer, Emergency Medical Dispatch, GCIC Full Terminal certifications, or ability to become certified within one year.
- Valid State of Georgia driver's license.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
$17.17 hourly – with full benefits