TO APPLY IN PERSON:
- Download and complete the appropriate application.
- All applications must accompany resume.
- Completed applications and resumes should be emailed, dropped off, mailed, or faxed to:
City of Suwanee
330 Town Center Avenue
Suwanee, GA 30024
TO APPLY ONLINE:
- Click on desired position.
- Apply to desired position.
- Create an account if you do not have a current login.
- All candidates for public safety positions will be contacted.
- For other positions, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Position Opened Until Filled
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Drug Free Workplace
The City is accepting applications for a FULL-TIME Public Works Crew Member .
This position operates assigned variety of equipment and performs manual labor in support of the operation, construction, repair and maintenance of city buildings, facilities, parks, grounds, streets, fleet, equipment, utilities, stormwater facilities, and water systems.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience in maintenance & construction required.
- CDL, water operator license, further technical or vocational training in HVAC, plumbing, masonry or electrical wiring are desired.
- Possess or acquire CDL and water operator license within one year.
- Applicant must have a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
$17.17 hourly (Annualized $35,721.25) – with full benefits
The City is accepting applications for a FULL-TIME Facilities Technician .
This position is primarily a technical position with both supervisory and hands-on responsibilities for City buildings and facilities. Position deals with maintenance, repairs, alterations and construction supervision, including electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc. work. This position supervises in-house custodial services, one crew member, and coordinates and oversees contracted service providers (carpet cleaning, fire alarm and suppression systems, emergency generators, roofers, etc.). Strong Computer skills, Communication skills and customer service required.
Normal work schedule is presently 8 am to 5 pm 3 days a week and 10 am to 7 pm 2 days a week with varing schedule to accommodate some weekend and night hours or as needed based on work demands.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent with vocational or technical school training in general trades to include maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and mechanical fields.
- A minimum of two years of construction supervision or experience in leading a work crew in performing general trade work and maintenance duties.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
$18.04 hourly (negotiable based on experience) – with full benefits
The City is accepting applications for a PART-TIME Event Staff.
This position provides support services for city events.
- Performs custodial work in park facilities, including bathrooms; collects and disposes of debris, trash and recyclables.
- Performs minor building maintenance tasks such as unclogging drains/toilets, repairing minor mechanical issues, and changing light bulbs.
- Loads and unloads tents, mechanical equipment, staging, sound equipment, pedestrian barricades, signs, street marking cones, tables, chairs, generators, etc; assists in set up; assists in removing items at the conclusion of City special events.
- Sets up meeting rooms in city buildings.
- Observes behavior in parks and reports concerns.
- Installs banners, promotional items and decorations.
- Operates a variety of power tools and light equipment in preparing and maintaining grounds, parks/trails, city buildings and other locations.
- Operates ATVs, golf carts, and other light vehicles.
- Operates city trucks and pulls small trailers.
- Assists in the occasional maintenance of park landscaping.
- Checks, reports and perform minor maintenance on equipment, trucks, trailers and power tools.
- Detects improper operation of equipment and reports repair needs.
$13.42 hourly – with no benefits